The Unofficial Tomb Kings Battletome has now been out for a little under a week. While it's only a free downloadable PDF I have printed a copy for myself and I also have one to give away for free on here along with a pack of spell cards I had made for it! Read on to find out how you can win this super exclusive prize.
If you were at Adepticon this weekend then you may have already seen my own printed copy I had with me and taken a flip through it. I have to say, I'm really happy with how the printed copy turned out. I also had my spell cards with me, which are the size of poker cards and have two of each spell in the pack. That's all of the spells from the new Mortuary Spell Lore, as well as the Liche Priests Righteous Smiting spell, and Mystic Shield and Arcane Bolt. I made sure to include two of each for when you are playing narrative or open play and don't have to follow the Rule of One.
So, what do you have to do to win this 114 page, full color book and spell card pack? Well considering it's Mengel Miniatures, I figured a painting competition was in order! Here's what you need to do to enter:
The Unofficial Tomb Kings Battletome Painting Competition Rules:
• Each person may only submit one entry
• The entry must be a Tomb Kings army. To make it fair for people who have smaller collections compared to someone who may have an extensive collection a Tomb Kings army will be defined as the following:
1 Hero and 2 Units.
This can be any hero and any combination of units from the Tomb Kings army, including some of the "new" ones if you already have a Hierotitan converted. So a Tomb King with two units of Skeletons is just as welcome as a Liche Priest with a Sphinx and some Chariots, or whatever combination you can think of.
• They must be Games Workshop models only. Using third party bits for conversions is fine, but the majority of the model must be from GW. They don't have to be Tomb Kings GW models. If you have converted some cool GW models from the regular Death range or whatever, than that is fine. For instance, I have seen an awesome Skeleton Chariot conversion using parts from the regular death range to make it fit in with a Deathrattle army more. This just basically means no sending in pictures of your Mantic Empires of Dust models.
• They can be on square or round bases.
• They can be something you have previously painted. You do not need to paint something new just for this competition.
• Submit a picture of each unit on its own, as well as one army shot. So four pictures total.
• Send all pictures to email@example.com
• All entries must be in to me by April 23rd by midnight EST.
• The winner will be announced on the 26th of April.
• The winner will be picked by best overall army, so while technical skill is important, the overall appearance and "vibe" will be the most heavily weighted.
I highly encourage you to post pictures of your entries up on TGA as well, and if you're painting anything new then it would be awesome to see WIP pictures on there as well, or on Facebook or Twitter.
Good luck to everyone and I look forward to seeing everything!
If you haven't already downloaded the PDF and am wondering what the heck I am talking about, go read about the Unofficial Battletome and download it here.
What is dead can never die.
Until next time,