It's that time of year again, time for the Second Annual Mengel Miniatures Painting Competition!
This year I am expanding the competition to 3 categories, single miniature, unit, and large model. This isn't restricted to Games Workshop models, so you can enter any mini you want. There's no need for anything to be game legal or anything either.
We have a few new sponsors this year to provide some amazing prize support. Secret Weapon Miniatures supplied prizes to the Age of Sigmar competition from back in the summer, and they are back again with a $15 voucher for the overall winner.
Full Borer Miniatures also makes a return, with a model of the winner's choice for both the overall winner and the people's choice award.
A new sponsor for this year is Doc's Games Store. I have bought plenty from them and they always have cheap prices and very quick shipping! You can find their pricing sheets and an option to subscribe to their newsletter here. They have supplied a plastic Skink Starpriest as a prize.
Last but not least, Black Swan Miniatures has provided several of their fantastic resin bases for all of the first place winners for each category.
That's a whole lot of prizes to be won there!
Here is a complete breakdown of the rules:
- All entries must be something you are either working on now or something you start specifically for the competition. That means you can't enter models that you have finished a year ago. This is to encourage new hobbying. It is strongly encouraged for you to start a WIP thread on the Mengel Miniatures Forum to show off your work.
- Each participant is allowed one entry per category.
- The categories are:
Any infantry sized model that falls within a standard human size or roughly the 28mm - 35mm variety. Examples could be a Space Marine, Terminator, Ogre, Ork (or Orruk) or anything roughly that size. You can also enter a mounted model as long as the mount is no larger then a horse or a motorcycle.
Any group of models. Units can be on a display base if you wish. There is no limit on base size, but please keep it appropriate for the model's size.
Any single large model, including busts, and differently scaled systems. There is no limit on base size, but please keep it appropriate for the model's size.
- There will be a first, second, and third place winner for each category. All winners for each category will get showcased on this site. The first place winners for each category also receive a Plague Base from Black Swan Miniatures.
- One overall winner for the entire competition will be chosen who will receive the $15 voucher to Secret Weapon Miniatures as well as a model of their choice from Full Borer Miniatures.
- There will also be a People's Choice winner selected. All of the entries will be posted on Twitter and Facebook by myself. The number of Favorites and Likes from each will be compiled and the entry with the most will be the winner. This will be announced at the same time as the rest. They will win the plastic Skink Starpriest courtesy of Doc's Games Store and a model of their choice from Full Borer Miniatures.
- Final entries can be submitted on the Forum in the Gallery board with the words Painting Competition somewhere in the title or emailed to me directly at TylerM@mengelminiatures.com with the subject line "Painting Competition Entry".
- You must be able to prove the model is your own, either by having a W.I.P. thread on the forum showing your progress or with a picture of you holding it when it's submitted.
- All final entries must be received by end of day on
March 11th extended to Sunday March 13th!.
I think that about wraps it up for the rules right now. So start getting those entries ready. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with and if you post any shots of your work in progress or a finished mini for the competition up on Twitter be sure to use the hashtag #mengelminis2016.
Until next time,